UK Aviation Services - Engineering
UK CAA Part 145 Helicopter Maintenance
As an CAA Part 145 approved aircraft maintenance organisation, UK Aviation Services specialises in the maintenance and repair of private, corporate and commercially operated helicopters.
The company holds CAA approvals for various Leonardo, Airbus, Bell, MD, Guimbal, Robinson and Sikorsky helicopters as detailed on our CAA 145 Approval Schedule which can be seen here.
More specifically, we are a Robinson Service Centre for the R22 and R44 and also now an approved Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS dealer.
BCAR A8-23 Helicopter Maintenance
In addition to the CAA Part 145 Maintenance Organisation Approval, UK Aviation Services is also approved as a BCAR A8-23 Maintenance Organisation to maintain Non-EASA / Annex II aircraft; these include helicopters which have not been accepted by EASA and individual aircraft which have formerly been operated by the military. These helicopters operate on a National Airworthiness review Certificate or National Permit to Fly.
Maintenance of Foreign Registered Aircraft
The professional staff at UK Aviation Services regularly maintain and manage aircraft on the European aircraft registers, American N register and the Isle of Man Aircraft Registry and have experience on many other types including Seychelles, UAE, Bermudan and Cayman Island registers to name a few.
Maintenance of these foreign registered aircraft brings with it many requirements specific to the National Aviation Authorities and applicable to the aircraft registration. Our knowledge and experience means you can have UK Aviation Services manage the continuing airworthiness and maintenance of your helicopter giving you the peace of mind that your aircraft is airworthy and legal to fly.
Aircraft Upgrade & Modification
Whether you are looking to upgrade your avionics to the latest equipment or complete a minor modification to keep up with changes in regulations such as installing a VHF Comm with 8.33 kHz spacing as required on all aircraft operating in the Eurocontrol zone, UK Aviation Services can help.
With many years experience completing avionic and airframe upgrades and modifications you know your work will be carried out by knowledgeable licensed engineers to the highest standards of quality and safety. Recent work includes:
- Installation of a CVR / FDR on an Agusta A109E in accordance with Agusta BT109EP-88;
- Upgrade transponder system to provide Mode S functionality on various helicopters in accordance with EASA CS-STAN or EASA Minor Changes.
- Installation of Emergency Locator Transmitter system on various aircraft to meet the latest EASA requirement for any Commercial Air Transport Aircraft or helicopter with an approved seating configuration of 6 or more to have a Fixed ELT Installation.
- Installation of USB power supply on various aircraft to provide charging facility for portable electronic devices such as iPads.
- Major avionics upgrade of a Bell 430 including installation of Honeywell weather radar, Avidyne multi function display, Avidyne traffic advisory system. Certified as an FAA Major Alteration;
- Installation of AFS Donaldson inlet barrier filter system in accordance with FAA STC.
Modification of a Sikorsky S76C++ to facilitate import to the EASA register and Commercial Air Transport including:
- Installation of a Multi-Purpose Flight Recorder in accordance with EASA verified STC;
- Installation of a Digital Flight Data Acquisition Unit in accordance with EASA STC;
- Upgrade of VHF Communication systems to provide 8.33kHz spacing in accordance with EASA Minor Change, as required for all aircraft flying in Eurocontrol Zone from 31st December 2017;
- Upgrade of VHF Navigation systems to provide ICAO Annex 10 FM Immunity in accordance with EASA Minor Change;
- Installation of cabin USB power supply in accordance with EASA Minor Change; and
- Installation of BOSE A20 ANR Bluetooth Headsets to cockpit and cabin in accordance with EASA Minor Change.
Aircraft Import & Export
If you are in the process, or thinking, of buying or selling an aircraft, UK Aviation Services can assist in many ways. Whether you need a pre-purchase survey carried out, to import or export the aircraft between different aviation registers or transfer of the aircraft to a different location worldwide, our aviation experts have the knowledge.
With experience of moving aircraft by land, sea and air freight to most continents of the world, there are not many situations our staff have not come up against. From the easier moves to North America to the more complex and rare moves like Oman, UK Aviation Services personnel have done it.
If you would like help or advice with the import or export of an aircraft, please feel free to contact us.